Thursday, December 17, 2009

Another Christmas Crazy

In all the Christmas craziness I always make sure to watch my old favorites movies: It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas, A Christmas Carol (I prefer the Muppet's version to the Star Trek guy) etc. I could go on and on about their plots writing about how they are timeless, but I must reflect on this one thought. Loneliness and isolation in the beginning with a great song and dance at the end is not how the world works. Most of the time the George Baileys of the world jump and aren't saved by an angel. I'm asking this of the world: please be kind to one another. When you are rushing to spend money you might not have to impress said person that is probably going to throw your gift away because they will never see you for your true beauty. STOP and please think of these five things.
1. Christmas is for family and friends. Love them with love, not things. If you woke up tomorrow and your tree didn't have presents under it would it be a travesty?
2. Music is the key, sing together. I know it sounds weird but it really works.
3. God doesn't care where you pray. BTW A song counts as a prayer.
4. Which leads to my next one. Prayer is for you, not God. God doesn't care if you talk to him. Its the whole thing of if you don't believe in her/him, well yadda yadda yadda believes in you.
5. If you can't sleep, count your blessings instead of sheep.

Alright, I guess I stole number five. Maybe those old movies do know what their talking about after all. : P

No comments:

Post a Comment